Earlier this year, we held a carpet Boccia tournament at Thornhill Community Academy. Boccia is a paralympic sport that can be played by people of all ages irrespective of any disabilities. On the day, thr youngest player was 6 whilst the oldest was 69.
The event of food, games and fun was aimed at bringing together residents and organsations from in and around Thornhill. This day was a massive success as it was smiles all round showing unity in our community.
The Boccia tournament was a friendly way of bringing together the community of Thornhill. 14 organisations were present on the day. Each organisation listen below took part in the Boccia 2016 tournament:
- Kumon Y’all Youth
- Thornhill Academy Teachers and Students
- Kirklees Neighbourhood Housing
- Communities Who Can
- Istitute of Islamic Education Teachers and Students
- Overthorpe TRA
- Overthorpe Sports Club
- Friends of Rectory Park
- West Yorkshire Police
- 4th Infantry Brigade Army
- Thornhill United
- Masjid Zakaria Teachers and Students
- Charlesworth Court Elderly Residential Complex
- Church (Reverand Sue Clarke)
Click HERE to see the Asian Express article on our Boccia 2016 tournament.